Project management for dentistry marketing
about how certain investments in internet technology assets, fail to achieve goals
Error can lead us to failure. These stories are about foresee and afterwards avoid errors in terms of project management and SDLC (Software Development Life-Cycle), for a broad spectrum of IT development.
Why would you choose to read a so to say “negative” story, a story about what is wrong and how not to do it, if you can easy find a lot of articles to tell you rather how to do it from the beginning?
- Because we humans are hard coded to learn easier from our failures than we do from successes.
Well, even if the title says “Algorithms of Fail”, it is not a story about how to fail; failure may be a step backwards, but what comes with it, is a journey of experience gaining and furthermore objective analytical development -which our mind needs in order to do better. And this is important. A human being learn easily from errors and on the other side, the same animal face great challenges trying to learn from the success of others.
We all know there is no standardized recipe for success in no field and at no level. If it had been so, we would all read “The Book of Great Success”, apply it`s directions to the word, and everything would be already in place.
STORY 1. How can we fail to see the objective reality when setting project goals?
Every particular project, some would say, should start with sound and well justified goals. This is correct, nothing to argue so far.
Further, it`s about how do we understand to approach the goal setting phase of the project and about aligning goals to objective reality, not to our own subjective one. If we will not be able to find a good approach, pieces could be somehow misplaced in the puzzle.
My subjective reality vs. objective reality
In some cases, projects lack in market research (by “market” we hereby understand generic target audiences). The danger in that is the following: our goals can be spotless and well driven by our own reasoning, but this is just our own subjective reality driven by our subjective reasoning.
Is our reasoning system enough to take in consideration for setting a successful project goal? It depends on many factors. Generally, I would say NO. Why? I believe my reasoning system is as subjective as I am. If for example, I need to set goals for a project that will be used by myself only, then YES my reasoning power can be sufficient because the target audience (myself) shares the same values in terms of project goals. In the end of the day, in order to be successful, any IT asset needs to serve the target audience, in the proportion we forecast that in our business plan or SDLC (Software Development Life-Cycle). If the product will be not useful for my target audience, even if the asset will work perfectly, it is a fiasco. Not useful, obsolete, whatsoever…
Another example. Imagine a company developing an app. that helps you to find your car in a huge mall`s parking lot. The goal of the app. is clear — it finds the car using precise GPS coordinates. The goal can be logically understood. Coding algorithms may be great. The sponsors may push big figures. So the project starts & runs and in no time, it`s ready for GO-2-market.
Question: How many of you will download and use this app.? (not to mention paying for it) I assume very few of us will even download it. And why? Because the human animal is gifted with enough natural orientation senses and abilities in order to find cars in parking lots, even when we speak about huge ones. So, we do not need an app. in this matter. We can use our senses of sight and orientation to quiet easily achieve this goal without the help of an app.
Sources of error
And where did we fail? We failed in the process of analyzing requirements objectively and setting project goals in an objective way. If we fail here, strategies and politics of implementation can be perfect, but still useless.
We failed in analyzing the target audience. Our subjective reasoning system failed to answer correctly the “WHY?” question. Our subjective reality is not necessary the same with the objective reality. We failed to ask the “WHY?” question before “HOW?”.
We all saw well done projects technically speaking, but considered being fails, because by the time they were done, they were already obsolete. Good research and analysis of requirements, help us to bring up the objective reality we have to face. Why do we fail in these matter? Maybe because of our lack of experience, maybe because of lack in our competences. It happens to humans. Maybe we will get the chance to do it again, or maybe not. The most important thing is to understand, to evolve, change the humor and do it better.
And why do we fail again? Because the customer very much wanted to it “his way”? Step in, change customer`s mindset with a different approach. Stop trying to make the boss happy. You`re not a slave.
Answers can be diverse and excuses can be credible. But in the end, it doesn`t matter. Only results matter. Explore objective realities. “The universe is extremely willing to play with you, if you will.”
Alexandru Pop @ Dental Marketing
dental marketing evangelist
+40 770 360 998
dental marketing, marketing medicină dentară, promovare clinică dentară, promovare cabinet stomatologic, promovare stomatologie, promovare medicină dentară, stomatologie, cabinet stomatologic, clinică dentară, clinică stomatologică, marketing cabinet stomatologic, marketing medicină dentară, branding stomatologie, logo medicină dentară, Google SEO stomatologie, SEO medicină dentară, optimizare SEO, website cabinet stomatologic, strategie marketing, campanii social media Facebook Instagram Google Youtube, website pentru clinica stomatologica, dezvoltare website clinica dentara, web design, dental fitout, Alexandru Pop – dental marketing evangelist, tururi virtuale 3D 360 Dental 3D Tour
- D`Institute – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- Clinica Dr Popescu – clinică dentară București
- Dentimage – clinică stomatologie Cluj-Napoca
- Dentocalm – clinică stomatologie Cluj-Napoca RO | EN | FR
- Dental Garant – clinică stomatologie București
- Smart Dental – clinică stomatologie Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- CriniDent – clinică stomatologie Craiova
- OrtoEstetic – clinică dentară & clinică ortodonție Cluj-Napoca
- Perio Care – clinică stomatologie & clinică parodontologie Timișoara
- ZEN Dental – clinică stomatologie Cluj-Napoca
- Dentosan Med – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca: RO | EN
- Paris Dental Clinic – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca
- Bonjour Dental – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- MyXpert, Centru de Radiologie – radiologie dentară Cluj-Napoca
- Clinica D6 – clinică dermatologie Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- Dent House – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca
- Implant Art – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- Alverna Dental Studio – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca
- Dental Chic – clinică dentară Cluj-Napoca, România | tratamente dentare Cluj | implant dentar Cluj | contact clinică dentară Cluj
- Molnar Dental – marketing clinică stomatologică Sopron, Ungaria | DE | EN | HU | RO
- Coravid Accounting: servicii contabilitate – contabilitate online – expertiză contabila Cluj – contablitate firme noi RO | EN
- Derma Marketing – agenție de marketing & promovare pentru clinici de chirurgie estetică, înfrumusețare, dermatologie RO | EN
- Medica Marketing – agenție de promovare & marketing pentru clinici medicale private RO | EN
- Urbano Parks – parcuri industriale Gilău, Cluj-Napoca RO | EN
- omniVISION – partener tururi virtuale Dental 3D tour
- Grecu | Gorde – servicii juridice, avocat recuperări daune accidente, daune CASCO Cluj-Napoca
- RayMedica – clinică medicală Cluj, clinică privată ginecologie Cluj, cardiologie, pneumologie, urologie, endocrinologie, pediatrie
- Verdemag – magazin online produse naturiste – ecommerce alimente bio
- Bativamos – vânzări și instalări sisteme de climatizare, Paris Franța: pompe a chaleur, ballon thermodinamique, panneaux solaires
- Rock Group
- AC Baustelle
clinica stomatologica > clinica dentara > implanturi dentare > implantologie > protetica dentara > estetica dentara > sigilare dentara > stomatologie Cluj > stomatologie Bucuresti > stomatologie Timisoara > stomatologie Iasi > protetica dentara > proteze dentare > sinus lift > aditie de os > aditie osoasa > chirurgie orală > tratamente laser > laser stomatologic > tratament laser parodontoza > igiena dentara > igienizare profesionala > aparate dentare > ortodontie > aparate dentare > aparate ortodontice > aparate dentare safie > aparate dentare invizibile > tratamente de canal > tratamente endodontice > tratamente parodontoza > parodontita > parodontologie > gingivita > tratament parodontoza > protetica dentara > detartraj cu ultrasunete > Air Flow > profilaxie dentara > aparate dentare > aparate ortodontice copii > aparate dentare invizibile adulti > ortodontie > albire dentara > fatete dentare ceramice > fatete dentare no prep > estetica dentara > implant dentar > obturatii / plombe > inlay / onlay > stomatologie pediatrica > stomatologie copii > pedodontie > urgente dentare > urgente stomatologice > cabinet stomatologic > clinică stomatologică > dentist Cluj > dentist Bucuresti > dentist Timisoara
- strategie marketing medicină dentară
- promovare Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok stomatologie
- dental web design wesbite stomatologie – website-uri medicină dentară
- branding stomatologie – dental branding, logo + identitate stomatologie
- tururi virtuae 360 Dental3DTour – prezentări interactive 360 grade, clinici de medicină dentară.
Medica Marketing – agenție de promovare clinică privată / promovare clinică medicală / promovare spital privat
- cursuri de marketing pentru dentiști
- Dental Education MK.1 – curs marketing pentru dentiști antreprenori și manageri clinici dentare